CPA firm for sale in Bishop, CA. ref# BOP123. This single CPA firm was established by the Seller in 1984 and has been operating in the same location for the past 36 years. The Seller is looking forward to retirement after a successful transition and potentially some part time work. All current employees will likely remain after the sale and should be considered by the Buyer to maximize client retention. The practice has grown through client referrals, advertising, and small practice acquisitions. 33% of clients come in for an appointment while the other 67% drop-off, mail-in or electronically upload their documents for return completion.  The firm provides tax preparation, tax planning, bookkeeping and payroll to multiple individuals and small businesses. The practice can be moved from its current location, but keeping a local presence within the same city, or the immediate region, is best for client retention. Practice generates a gross revenue of $500k from 368 Individuals with an average of $413, plus 93 Entities with an average of $875, and $175k from payroll and bookkeeping services followed up with $92k in consulting, tax planning, review and other miscellaneous accounting services. Practice currently uses Lacerte for tax preparation, ProPay and Paysoft for payroll services and both online and desktop QuickBooks for accounting. The clientele will transition best to a CPA or EA with a background in tax and accounting who is familiar with payroll processing and can provide an all-encompassing service to local small businesses. Much more information is available on the Practice Profile. Please log-in to your account for immediate access including the ability to download the Practice Profile pdf and update your distance preference.

If you don’t have an account please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA online (It will take less than 2 minutes). Once that form is submitted your account will be created and you can download the practice profile immediately. If you’ve already completed the Buyer Profile and NDA then you can log-in to our website using your email and created password (or use the forgot password link to reset password) and download this profile.





Business Type

CPA Firm

Gross Revenue


Net + Discretionary


Tax Prep Income


Accounting Income


Other Income


Individual Clients


Average Fee


Entity Clients


Average Fee


Revenue Breakdown

Entity Avg. Fee Breakdown:
17 - 1120 @ $1,134 avg. fee
26 - 1120S @ $1,134 avg. fee
17 - 1065 @ $847 avg. fee
16 - 1041 @ $510 avg. fee
17 - 990 @ $591 avg. fee

Other Revenue Breakdown:
1 Review - $2,875
Tax Planning/Notice Assistance - $34,787
Payroll - 20 Avg. payees/client - $108,335
Consulting - $16,514

Bookkeeping Revenue Breakdown:
7 Monthly Bookkeeping - $34,102
5 Quarterly Bookkeeping - $26,147
6 Annual Bookkeeping (Mostly in connection with tax preparation) - $6,817

Miscellaneous Services - $37,451

Support staff likely to remain after the sale if needed by the Buyer.
Seller is available to continue working after the sale as needed.

Please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA to instantly receive additional information. Once the webform has been submitted you will be redirected to webpage where you can download the Practice Profile pdf for any practice(s) you are interested in. If you previously submitted a buyer profile and NDA with us you can resubmit to be added to our new download system, or contact us for the Practice Profile. You can come back anytime to log in with your username and password and download additional practice listings. Please contact us at (855) 428-2225 or via email at