Capistrano Beach

CTEC firm for sale in Capistrano Beach in San Juan Capistrano, CA. This Sole-Proprietor firm was established by the Seller in 2004 and has been operating in its current location for 16 years. The Seller is looking forward to retirement but is willing to stay for a 1-year period to help with transition, pay rate to be negotiated. 45% of clients come in for an appointment while the other 55% drop-off, mail-in or electronically upload their documents to the Seller. Firm provides tax preparation, minimal bookkeeping as well as payroll and other miscellaneous accounting services to multiple individuals, small businesses and trusts. Please note, the current office building has been listed for sale. Should the Buyer like to keep the current space, it would need to be discussed with the landlord, and again with the new landlord, when applicable. If practice is relocated, the office should remain in the general area to aid in client retention. Practice generates gross revenue of $161k from 447 Individuals with an average of $281, plus 54 Entities (see breakdown below) with an average fee of $354, and $17k from bookkeeping and other miscellaneous services provided.  Practice uses Intuit Pro-Series and Lacerte for tax preparation as well as QuickBooks. Seller is looking for an experienced CTEC, EA or CPA with a background in tax & accounting to provide ethical, friendly and personable service to the book of clients they will be acquiring. Much more information is available on the Practice Profile. Please log-in to your account for immediate access including the ability to download the Practice Profile pdf and update your distance preference.

If you don’t have an account please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA online (It will take less than 2 minutes). Once that form is submitted your account will be created and you can download the practice profile immediately. If you’ve already completed the Buyer Profile and NDA then you can log-in to our website using your email and created password (or use the forgot password link to reset password) and download this profile.




Sale Pending

Business Type


Gross Revenue


Net + Discretionary


Tax Prep Income


Bookkeeping Income


Other Income


Individual Clients


Average Fee


Entity Clients


Average Fee


Revenue Breakdown

Entity Revenue Breakdown:
29 - 1120 & 1120S @ $325 avg. fee
7 - 1065 @ $411 avg. fee
16 - 1041 @ $409 avg. fee
2 - 990 @ $125 avg. fee

Other Tax Services:
ITIN - $145
Quarterly Reports - $675
Year End Tax Forms - $155
Account Compilations - $1,020

Bookkeeping Services - $10,453

Other Accounting Services:
Notary - $30
Payroll - $1,905
Miscellaneous - $2,255

45% of clients come in for an appointment while the other 55% drop-off/mail in/electronically upload their documents to Seller. The Seller is willing to stay for up to 1 year, maximum of 750 hours, to aid in a smooth transition. There are no other employees included in the sale.

Please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA to instantly receive additional information. Once the webform has been submitted you will be redirected to webpage where you can download the Practice Profile pdf for any practice(s) you are interested in. If you previously submitted a buyer profile and NDA with us you can resubmit to be added to our new download system, or contact us for the Practice Profile. You can come back anytime to log in with your username and password and download additional practice listings. Please contact us at (855) 428-2225 or via email at