Remote – Southern California #REM224

Remote Southern California CPA firm for sale. ref# REM224. This 100% remote firm is currently located in North San Diego and was established by the Seller in 1994. The firm was previously located in Orange County but has been home based for the past 4 years. The practice can be moved to a new office outside of its current region but maintaining a post office box in Southern California could aide in client retention. The Seller is looking forward to new adventures but is available to continue working with the Buyer as needed. The gross revenue of $200k is derived from 100% income tax preparation from roughly 54 individuals with an average fee of $1,327, plus 53 entities with an average fee of $2,496 (see breakdown below). Approximately 70% of clients remit their documents electronically with the remaining 30% preferring to mail in their documents for return preparation. Approximately 24% of clients file a Schedule C, 33% file a Schedule E, 44% file an E p2, and 64% file a Schedule D. In addition to the CPA Seller, there is 1 outside contract accountant who will prepare balance sheets for entities and communicates with and bills the client directly for their services. They will likely continue a working relationship with the Buyer after the sale. The practice uses Lacerte for tax preparation. The clientele will transition best to an EA or CPA with a strong background in tax who is comfortable working in a professional manner with many different types of individuals in varying occupations. Much more information is available on the Practice Profile. Please log-in to your account for immediate access including the ability to download the Practice Profile pdf and update your distance preference.

If you don’t have an account, please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA online (It will take less than 2 minutes). Once that form is submitted your account will be created and you can download the practice profile immediately. If you’ve already completed the Buyer Profile and NDA then you can log-in to our website using your email and created password (or use the forgot password link to reset password) and download this profile.

Price

$250,000

Status

Available

Business Type

CPA Firm

Gross Revenue

$203,993

Net + Discretionary

$185,522

Tax Prep Income

$203,993

Accounting Income

0

Other Income

0

Individual Clients

54

Average Fee

$1,327

Entity Clients

53

Average Fee

$2,496

Revenue Breakdown

Entity Average Fee Breakdown:
1 - 1120 @ $1,500 avg. fee
17 - 1120S @ $1,811 avg. fee
22 - 1065 @ $3,162 avg. fee
10 - 1041 @ $2,398 avg. fee
2 - 990 @ $875 avg. fee
1 - 709 @ $4,745 avg. fee

Please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA to instantly receive additional information. Once the webform has been submitted you will be redirected to webpage where you can download the Practice Profile pdf for any practice(s) you are interested in. If you previously submitted a buyer profile and NDA with us you can resubmit to be added to our new download system, or contact us for the Practice Profile. You can come back anytime to log in with your username and password and download additional practice listings. Please contact us at (855) 428-2225 or via email at steve@atbcal.com.