San Rafael

CPA practice for sale in San Rafael, CA. Seller is open to exploring all types of sale options including selling a portion of the firm prior to tax season (roughly 50%) or selling the entire practice. Gross revenue of $199k is derived from approximately 115 Individual returns with an average fee of $1,113 along with 30 Entities with an average fee of $2,303 (see breakdown below). Approximately 95% of the clients will remit their tax documents electronically or mail to the office, and the remaining 5% will either drop off their tax information or have an in-person appointment. This firm is currently operated out of the Sellers home office and will need to be relocated. A firm in the general area may help with retention because of the local feel, but most of the clients are comfortable working remotely. Office employs 1 full time EA who will assist in transition but does not want to continue working for an extended period of time after the sale. The clientele will transition best to an EA or CPA with a background in tax who is focused on individuals, small businesses, and investors. Practice currently uses Lacerte for tax preparation along TaxDome. Much more information is available on the Practice Profile. Please log-in to your account for immediate access including the ability to download the Practice Profile pdf and update your distance preference.

If you don’t have an account please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA online (It will take less than 2 minutes). Once that form is submitted your account will be created and you can download the practice profile immediately. If you’ve already completed the Buyer Profile and NDA then you can log-in to our website using your email and created password (or use the forgot password link to reset password) and download this profile.

Price

$250,000

Status

Available

Business Type

CPA Firm

Gross Revenue

$199,160

Net + Discretionary

$165,805

Tax Prep Income

$199,160

Bookkeeping Income

Other Income

Individual Clients

115

Average Fee

$1,113

Entity Clients

30

Average Fee

$2,303

Revenue Breakdown

Entity Average Fee:
3 - 1120 @ $2,533 avg. fee
6 - 1120S @ $4,192 avg. fee
7 - 1065 @ $2,446 avg. fee
12 - 1041 @ $994 avg. fee
2 - 990 @ $3,653 avg. fee

5 - 709 - Included with 1040's

Approximately 1/3 of the returns are completed by 4/15 and the other 2/3 will go on extension. Seller is open to exploring all types of sale options including selling a portion of the firm prior to tax season (roughly 50%) or selling the entire practice.

Seller will entertain all offers and will consider carrying financing based on down payment, credit report and Buyer’s experience.

Please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA to instantly receive additional information. Once the webform has been submitted you will be redirected to webpage where you can download the Practice Profile pdf for any practice(s) you are interested in. If you previously submitted a buyer profile and NDA with us you can resubmit to be added to our new download system, or contact us for the Practice Profile. You can come back anytime to log in with your username and password and download additional practice listings. Please contact us at (855) 428-2225 or via email at steve@atbcal.com.