Westlake Village

CPA firm for sale in Westlake Village, CA. The CPA Seller established the firm in 1984 and has been operating in the current location for the past 3 years. The Seller is looking forward to retirement after a successful transition but will stay on to help with client retention as needed, pay rate to be negotiated. The employees will most likely remain on staff after the sale, if desired. Approximately 15% of clients come in for an appointment while the other 85% drop-off, mail-in or electronically upload their documents to the Seller. The current 1,400sqft. office space is leased by the Seller for $3,200/mo. with the lease set to expire on 7/31/2023. The practice may be relocated, if desired, but keeping a location in the local area would be best for client retention. Practice generates a gross revenue of $527k from 435 Individuals with an average of $680, plus 83 Entities with an average fee of $1,798, and $83k from bookkeeping, tax planning and consulting services. Gross revenue generated by the firm is approximately 80% tax and 20% Bookkeeping. Practice currently uses Ultra-Tax for tax preparation as well as QuickBooks. The clientele will transition best to a personable CPA with a strong background in tax. Much more information is available on the Practice Profile. Please log-in to your account for immediate access including the ability to download the Practice Profile pdf and update your distance preference.

If you don’t have an account please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA online (It will take less than 2 minutes). Once that form is submitted your account will be created and you can download the practice profile immediately. If you’ve already completed the Buyer Profile and NDA then you can log-in to our website using your email and created password (or use the forgot password link to reset password) and download this profile.




Sale Pending

Business Type

CPA Firm

Gross Revenue


Net + Discretionary


Tax Prep Income


Bookkeeping Income


Other Income


Individual Clients


Average Fee


Entity Clients


Average Fee


Revenue Breakdown

Entity Average Fee Breakdown:
3 - 1120 @ $1,629 avg. fee
63 - 1120S @ $1,829 avg. fee
15 - 1065 @ $1,261 avg. fee
2 - 990 @ $5,107 avg. fee

Bookkeeping & Payroll $78,982
Tax Planning & Consulting $3,669

In addition to the Seller, this firm staff consists of a full-time CPA along with a PT bookkeeper who will likely remain after the sale. There is also an PT Admin Assistant that may remain after the sale if needed. The FT Office Manager is not going to remain on staff after the sale.

Please complete the Buyer Profile and NDA to instantly receive additional information. Once the webform has been submitted you will be redirected to webpage where you can download the Practice Profile pdf for any practice(s) you are interested in. If you previously submitted a buyer profile and NDA with us you can resubmit to be added to our new download system, or contact us for the Practice Profile. You can come back anytime to log in with your username and password and download additional practice listings. Please contact us at (855) 428-2225 or via email at steve@atbcal.com.